April 20, 2017
Persons in attendance: Erin Morris, Vicky Sullivan, Christine Yutzy, Lynne Eggert, Susan Adamson, Kaya Norton, Marty Jones, Elizabeth Philpott, Ambi Zeller-Hahn, Ruth Holmaas, Mary Faith Dudley, Barbara Call, Mary Atkins, Sharon Strang Zook, Paige French and Maretta Yoder
Meeting location: RMH Atrium. Meal was catered by Taste of Thai Restaurant.
Meeting topic: “Atrial Fibrillation” by Beth Poore-Bowman NP
- Minutes from the February 2017 meeting were approved.
- Members were encouraged to contribute at least $10.00 to the PAC fund.
- It was announced that the Homestead location was being taken out of the VCNP conference rotation. Norfolk Hilton on Main has been added.
- Paige French was thanked for putting together the basket from our region for the raffle fundraiser at the VCNP annual conference.
- It was announced that the VCNP Membership committee has decided to transition to a once a year cycle for membership renewals.
- Shenandoah chapter election results were announced. There were a total of 22 votes with no write-ins.
Newly elected officers include:
President: Erin Morris, upon licensure
President-elect: Ruth Holmass
Treasurer: Vicky Sullivan.
- Paige French has graciously agreed to remain chapter president until Erin Morris obtains licensure.
- Job openings in the area were announced:
-Free Clinic is hiring a part time NP.
-Hospice is hiring a part-time NP.
-Sentara RMH is hiring multiple positions:
-Outpatient internal medicine with Dr. Urena Hernandez.
-Outpatient family medicine with Dr. Wenger and Monica Clark Covert NP
-Palliative care at the hospital.
-Behavioral health in outpatient clinic.
-Hospitalist day position.
- Members and attendees were invited to a Pharmaceutical dinner meeting from Basaglar rep. Thursday April 27, 2017, 6:30 PM at the Chop House. Brochure was distributed and members were encouraged to attend.
- Next meeting will be held in September 2017. Date, topic and location TBD.
-Multiple persons have expressed interest in speaking to our group:
-Counselor from Bridgewater College who is a trauma expert and willing to speak on Trauma informed care.
-Pharmaceutical representative from Basaglar.
-Local pharmacist, who is a friend of Amy Graham is willing to speak.
- Discussion about a summer meeting by the Eliquis rep with Pfizer. Maretta Yoder will contact representative about a possible dinner meeting in the next 6-8 weeks.
The meeting was then adjourned.
Maretta Yoder, Secretary.