Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice
- Federal Trade Commission Competition and the Regulation of Advanced Practice Nurses, March 2014
- Institute of Medicine Report on the Future of Nursing [click here for brief version]
- National Health Policy Forum White Paper on SOP
- Reforming Scopes of Practice – Citizen Advocacy Center
- Who will Provide Primary Care? – Josiah Macy Foundation
- Closing the Gap Between Can and May in Healthcare Providers Scope of Practice – Barbara Safriet
- Medicare – PECOS Resources
- Virginia General Assembly
- Who is my legislator?
- Legislative Process
- Virginia Regulatory Process
- Legislative Guide
- VCNP-AANP Poster – Primary Care Solution
To access VCNP legislation as well as additional advocacy resources you must be a member of VCNP. Click here to access the members section.
Links to organizations
HB 793 Media Support
HB 793 has garnered attention from publications across the state! Scroll through the coverage book to see the statistics and the pieces themselves.
2017 Legislative Receptions
|DATE||REGION||TIME & LOCATION|
|September 11||Fredericksburg||6:30 – 8:00 pm, Lloyd Moss Free Clinic|
|September 20||Shenandoah||6:00 – 9:00 pm, Augusta Health Community Care Building|
|September 21||Blue Ridge||6:00 – 8:00 pm, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital|
|October 4||Northern Virginia||6:30 – 9:00 pm, Stacy C. Sherwood Community Center|
|October 5||Tidewater||6:00 – 8:00 pm, ODU Higher Education Center|
|October 16||Southwest||5:30 – 7:30 pm, Smyth County Community Hospital|
|October 17||Richmond||5:30 – 8:00 pm, Old City Bar|
|October 19||Lynchburg||6:00 – 7:30 pm, Central Lynchburg General Hospital|
|October 26||Northern Shenandoah||6:00 – 8:30 pm, Shenandoah University SON Rotunda|
Please click on the name of each region for more details about its reception.