The frequency and offerings of the monthly meetings was discussed. Consideration of having large venue meetings with CEs a few times a year vs dinner meetings monthly was discussed. Since we have meetings already set for April, May and June, it was decided that we would plan a larger venue meeting in July with CEs, a speaker or two and see how that goes. Cardiology Associates of Fredericksburg was considered as our first choice since the doctors offered to host a meeting for us in the past. Tiffany will talk with her co-worker about contacting CAF to host the meeting, then we will decide about catering, and speakers. After that event, we will regroup in August to get ready for our September legislative event at the Moss Clinic. Mailings to reach all NPs in the Fredericksburg area, and the barriers to increased members or participants was discussed.
During the July event and the Legislative event, we plan to have postcards from the VCNP with bulletpoints regarding: what does the VCNP do for you? How do I get involved?
Plan a celebration of autonomous practice NPs.
Board Members for 3/2019- 3/2020:
President: Linda Hazelgren
Program chair: Lisa Keel (with assistance from new member Natalia Giscomb-Simons)
Public Relations: Timmye Ross
Conference Chair: Hishani Perera
Membership: Nicole Brooks
Treasurer: Tiffany Simons
Secretary: Piper Schlesser-Foresman
Legislative Chair: Cathy Duncan
Submitted 3/12/19 JPSF
1)The post-holiday gathering is reserved for 2/11/17 from 11-2 at the Idlewild Clubhouse. Michelle will look into Basilico’s/Wegman’s to cater. Advertising the canoli and fruit tray from Wegman’s and having Bellini’s was discussed. Michelle will sent an invite to all Fredericksburg members.
2)The Fredericksburg conference is set for 5/5/17 at the Fick Center 7:30-3. (7:30 registration, 8am start time, 1 pm wrap-up, clean-up and clear-out by 3pm). By the end of January, Cherie aims to have all the info for the 5 presentations.
3)VCNP state conference. Laura P will be asked to attend the board meeting at the conference. Timmye is attending and will purchase the basket for raffle. $150 allowance was discussed for wine and dine themed basket representing our region.
4)Regional officers change in April. Cherie is president, Linda considering president-elect. All positions are up for anyone who wants to have a leadership role.
5)Michele will look into the constant contact availability through the VCNP for Karen and Brenda to send out meeting and membership info. Alexis M, office manager at VCNP has been helpful and informative.
6)We support government relations efforts going for full NP practice authority. We plan to include talking points from the VCNP at our local conference.
7)Philanthropy project for the spring/summer. We discussed the various choices: Empowerhouse, Micah Ministries, Christian Charities, Hope House. We will vote on and chose our next recipient at the next local regional meeting.