Date(s) - 11/10/2018
Central Virginia Simulation Center
905 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The Basic Suturing Plus skills workshop is now open for registration! The cost is $125 to attend. Please see below for details about the course.
Nurse practitioners in primary care need to be knowledgeable in best practices and in common office procedures/skills in order to be marketable and affect patient outcomes. This 6-hour workshop will provide participants with knowledge and skills to effectively assess, manage and treat minor to moderate lacerations. Five (5) CEs for completion of the workshop and the evaluation will be awarded.
In this interactive 6-hour suture skills workshop, the participants will:
- Discuss the components in the assessment and evaluation of minor to moderately complex lacerations.
- Discuss the treatment options of minor to moderately complex lacerations, including non-invasive wound adherence products.
- Discuss the management of minor to moderately complex laceration repair, including patient education and procedural codes.
- Explain pharmacological agents used for repair of lacerations, including when antibiotics are indicated to support wound healing and medications for the management of pain.
- Describe, demonstrate and practice invasive and non-invasive closure to include simple interrupted suturing, horizontal and vertical mattress suturing, subcutaneous suturing and alternative options for wound repair.