February 2018 Meeting Minutes
February 15, 2018
Members in attendance: Barbara Call, Erin Morris, Monica Heck, Maria Circosta NP student, Mary Atkins, Sheri Tratnack, Paige French, Maretta Yoder, Christine Yutzy, Vicky Sullivan, Chinor Fattahi, Jennifer Bryant, Mary Faith Dudley, Susan Adamson, Ambi Zeller-Hahn.
Meeting Location: Taste of Thai Restaurant. Harrisonburg, VA.
Meeting Topic: Sherri Tratnack NP presented a talk on Psychotropic medications in primary care: How far should we go?
- Minutes from the November 2017 meeting were approved.
- Discussion regarding purchase of a projector and screen for use at our meetings. Approximate cost of $175.00. Consensus was to proceed with purchase. Maretta Yoder plans to purchase prior to our September 2018 meeting.
- President, Erin Morris reminded us of the VCNP annual conference in March of 2018. The Shenandoah region needs to provide a raffle basket with value of $150.00. Erin will purchase the basket and Monica Heck agreed to deliver the basket to the conference.
- Future meetings were discussed.
-4/19/18– will be sponsored by Sanofi Pharmaceuticals. Venue to be determined.
-9/20/18-will be at Bella Luna. Palliative Care from Sentara RMH will provide education. Attempts will be made to get CE credits.
-11/15/18-will tentatively be at Bella Luna. Speaker will be a pharmacist, Remma Zygerman. She plans on further discussing mood stabilizers, antidepressants and antipsychotics. Again, eff orts will be made to obtain CE credits.
-There was discussion regarding a summer meeting; however, it was felt that with everyone’s different schedules, there would likely be a low attendance. For now, will continue with the 2 spring and 2 fall meetings.
- There was a lengthy discussion regarding HB 793. President, Erin Morris reviewed the specifics of the bill. Discussion revolved around concerns of how this would impact practice and whether we should be in favor or opposed to this bill. There were opinions voiced on both sides. Erin Morris has continued to relay our concerns to VCNP and has kept the Shenandoah members up to date on their responses.
- Our next meeting will be on Thursday April 19, 2018. The meal will be sponsored by Sanofi Pharmaceuticals. Speaker and venue to be determined.
The meeting was then adjourned.
Maretta Yoder, Secretary