Attached is a letter from Dr. Colin Greene, Virginia State Health Commissioner, which was distributed to practitioners across the Commonwealth as well as to several state medical associations and organizations.
This information is also available on the VDH Resources for Health Care Professionals web page.
Presentation by Scott Urquart, PA of Endocrinology Associates on Rybelsus- Role of endogenous GLP-1 in T2DM.
VCNP renewal time is here!
Discussion of next group event: Yoga in the park had a good turn out last year and we have 3 potential yoga instructors we could ask to host a class again this fall.
We have open positions for board members for Government Relations and Meetings/education.
Our organization donated to Madonna House, apartments for the elderly, after they suffered a devastating fire. We gave 5 gift cards to the organization collecting for the residents for $50 each.
Upcoming philanthropy invitation to Night of 1000 Pies to support Empower House, a local domestic violence shelter. This event is at Dr Rosemary O’Grady’s home 8/27/22 from 7-10pm. For our level of donation this year, we were given 4 tickets. Other individuals have tickets as well. Let Tiffany Simons know if you are interested in attending. There are also volunteer opportunities that evening to make sweet or savory pies for the event ahead of time, to help serve, help set up, or help with take down and clean-up.
For our past holiday winter meeting, we worked on assembling hygiene kits last year, which had a great turnout. Other suggestions were Oak Grove Baptist church food pantry/holiday donations of gift cards or gifts. We could assemble hygiene kits again, or are open to other suggestions.
submitted 8/14/22 JPSF
VCNP’s renewal period is September 1 through 30, and members will receive reminders to renew beginning in July. Want one less email? Sign up for auto-renewal (see more below)!
Here is a list of helpful tips as you renew your membership. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact staff.
- To start the renewal process, members must log in. If you cannot remember your log in credentials, please contact staff.
- Required fields are marked with an asterisk. These fields provide information that is used to contact members, enhance member benefits, and help VCNP better understand our memberships’ needs.
- One required field is selecting your region. Members select the region in which they live or where they work. Regions receive a portion of the membership rate to fund regional programs, and use the membership lists to contact their region about programs and benefits.
- VCNP collects donations for our scholarship program and PAC during registration. Consider adding a donation when you renew!
- Want one less thing to do? Select to sign up for auto-renewal and scratch that off your list!
Ready to renew? Complete the process before September 30 to ensure you don’t miss out on member benefits!
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact staff!
VCNP Richmond region is holding an election for the region’s Secretary. The election will run from Wednesday, August 10 through Wednesday, August 24. Members will receive an email with the ballot, or they can log in to their member profile and click on the banner notification to cast their vote. Once a member votes, the banner will no longer appear in their profile, and they will not receive emails to vote.
The Health Wagon’s Move Mountains Medical Mission is looking for volunteers at the event in Wise, VA from Aug. 15-24. If you’re able to help, visit https://thehealthwagon.org.
The Blue Ridge Free Clinic is seeking provider volunteers for its Monday/Thursday morning and Tuesday evening clinics. Contact email@example.com.
Remote Area Medical needs volunteers for Virginia-area clinics – August 20 (Emporia), October 1 (Grundy), November 12 (Warsaw) and November 19 (Fishersville). Visit https://volunteer.ramusa.org/.