February 2021 Meeting Minutes
February 18, 2021
Members in attendance: Erin Morris, Haley Tusing, Susan Adamson, Monica Heck, Maretta Yoder
Guest Speaker: Amy Sales, CMP, Deputy Executive Director, Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners
NP Students in attendance: None
Meeting Location: Zoom Meeting
- Susan Adamson gave an update on the Harrisonburg Rockingham Free Clinic closure. Plan to open new clinic named Blue Ridge Free Clinic. Returning to the old model of volunteerism, no barriers clinic, navigation of health care system, ACA enrollments, and will host short and long-term patients. Susan is currently serving as President of the new Free Clinic Board of Directors.
-reviewed changes to VCNP website and resources that are available to members and leadership, including state-provided platforms for meetings and connection (GoToMeeting/Constant Contact- which do require password)
-firstname.lastname@example.org/434-906-1778. This is Amy’s email and work cell for any questions. In Amy’s absence, Betsy Crowell will be our liaison.
-Amy reinforced that the VCNP goal is for the Shenandoah region to thrive.
-The VCNP is working on election syncing of regions to assist with onboarding of new leadership and committee members. Current elects are due in October with placement of newly elected members in March of 2022.
-Amy informed the group that we do not need to have a sitting President; however, attendance at board meetings for voting purposes does require an elected member. Amy will check to ensure that non-elected members can attend the board meetings for representation, but will likely be dismissed for the “executive” portion of the meeting.
-CME education information/questions should be directed to Helen Willis or Betsy Crowell at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
-Amy also informed the group that other than a board report, there is no financial report required of our group at this time.
3. Monica Heck shared with the group regarding Membership Committee.
-They meet once a month.
-Membership is slightly down, but expected to increase pre-conference and at graduation.
-Currently Shenandoah membership is at 67.
-The Membership Committee is working on ways to increase engagement. Getting members involved is a statewide problem.
4. Maretta Yoder- currently sitting secretary and unofficial meeting planner. She will begin pursuing in-person meeting options for May of 2021 and 2 meetings in the fall.
Current to-do list and plan moving forward:
- Amy Sales will send Erin Morris the statewide emails for now.
- Try to get a credit card to assist with meal payment and ease of purchasing stipends/etc…
- Attendance at pending board meetings for 3/10/2021, 6/19/2021, ? 10/2/2021
- Erin will work on board report for 3/10/2021.
- Need to mentor nurse practitioners to fulfill leadership roles.
The meeting was then adjourned.
Maretta Yoder, Secretary