The VCNP Nurse Practitioner Scholarship is awarded to a student enrolled in a doctoral program. The applicant must be a member of the VCNP, and practice or plan to practice in Virginia. This one-time award is made to a student who has completed 50% of the required hours of graduate study and exhibits academic excellence and a commitment to advanced practice nursing with strong clinical and leadership abilities.
- Applicant shall be a licensed nurse practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Applicant shall be a member of the VCNP.
- Applicant shall be enrolled in a School of Nursing doctoral program.
- Monies shall be awarded to the school the applicant attends for the purposes of tuition, books or fees related to the doctoral program.
- Applicant must have completed 50% of the required hours of graduate study with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Applicant must submit transcripts of completed course work to date.
- Applicant must submit a copy of his/her CV.
- Applicant must submit 1-2 letters of recommendation with at least one letter from a school faculty member.
- Applicant must submit an essay detailing his/her plans after graduation or how he/she plans to improve care, access to care or advance NP education in Virginia. Essays should be no longer than 500 words with a minimum of 1-inch margins and 12-point type.
- Applicant must have the intent to practice in Virginia.
Applications will be reviewed by the Awards and Nominations Committee of the VCNP and must be submitted no later than September 1. All materials must be sent as one packet. Electronic submissions are preferred.
Send to email@example.com.
To contribute to the VCNP Nurse Practitioner Scholarship, please follow the link below:
Make a Donation