I hope everyone will have a peaceful and safe holiday season.
“No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted” AESOP
Don’t forge to register for Piedmont’s 2022 virtual Pharmfest
- Jan 29, 2022
- 8 am – 3:30 pm
- Virtual on Zoom
- Speakers : Debra Levin ( Diabetic patient with comorbidities), Mahesh Murugesan ( Atrial Fibrillation Pharmacology), Kelly Schorling ( Opo9id use a team approach), Patrick Jackson (COVID 19 update), Andy Whitman ( Cannabis in Medicine)
- 6 Pharm CES
- $85 members, $100 nonmembers, $70 VCNP student member
Yoga in the park had good attendance, and some new members were there.
We are still looking for a member to fill the open position on the board for President Elect. Please reach out if you feel you would like to learn and support the happenings within the VCNP this year!
Our philanthropy project for the quarter was discussed, many great ideas were shared. We decided to forgo a pharmaceutical dinner and CMEs, and instead, have an NP gathering.
12/2/21 Please join us at Basilico’s on Harrison Road from 6-8pm for a casual gathering, pizza night and to assemble hygiene kits provided by an organization which will go to girls in third world countries.
See the link for more info:
The state meeting will be in person. There is discussion regarding revamping the process to apply for CME’s. There is discussion of having one group to complete the application process for CMEs and one for the state conference.
We have 48 members currently.
Treasury report was given.
SEE YOU ALL AT BASILICO’S!!
Submitted 11/28/21 JPSF
VCNP Leadership is excited to share the goals that came out of the annual strategic plan process for the 2021-2022 year.
On June 19, 2021, the Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners (VCNP), the statewide professional organization for all nurse practitioners licensed in Virginia, conducted its annual leadership retreat. More than 35 board members, committee members and others from the association gathered to discuss goals and accompanying strategies and tactics for VCNP’s four core pillars, Government Relations, Membership, Education and Public Relations. During the retreat, participants divided into small groups to review each committee’s SWOT analysis from 2020-2021 and provide feedback and input for the coming year. This information, combined with details of the previous year’s strategic plan, was used to develop VCNP’s 2021-2022 strategic plan. Below is a link to the list of committee goals that came out of those discussions.
Hope everyone had a safe Halloween. I think it is finally getting cold. I had to unearth my jackets in my closet this morning for work. Just a couple of updates for the month.
- Nurse practitioner week is November 7-13. Piedmont members will receive a little something in your mail box to say thank you for all your hard work this year. Also the cities of Charlottesville and Staunton gave our chapter a proclamation signed by the mayors recognizing NP week. If you listen to WNRN you may her my voice with a public service announcement regarding NP week.
- 2. Voting has started for VCNP member for the state executive election. Go to the VCNP website under the membership tab to vote
- Remember to send me an application for any charities that you would like our chapter to recognize with a monetary contribution. Email me: dkf7a@virginia,.edu
- Everyone is welcomed to our monthly chapter meetings, first Tuesday of the month. Contact Katy for more info.
- Free webinar Nov. 3 6-7 pm understanding covid 19 1-408-418-9388, meeting no 1329367287, questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
As always if you have any concerns or questions let me know, just email me.
Darla, PR rep
this is the election popup widget
this is above the popup widget
this is below the popup widget
Hope you are enjoying our beautiful weather. I wanted to give you some updates from our organization. Remember, I post on Facebook too. So here goes……….
- VCNP nominations for state leadership positions are open. If interested in a position or know someone who is email email@example.com by September 30
- Legislative reception for Piedmont region is September 29, 7-8, virtual, food available for pick up, email Katy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next leadership meeting is October 6 at 6:30, at Kardinal hall in Charlottesville, VA. Everyone is invited
- Remember send me nominations for a donation to a worthy charity from our group. Email me at email@example.com
- Our NP’s are being recognized during NP week, Nov 7-13, 2021 by the cities of Staunton, Waynesboro and C’ville. We will be receiving proclamations from those cities. IF you have any other organizations that you would like me to reach out to, email me.
- Please let me know ideas for our group to offer volunteer hours or work on a project and I will reach out to them.
- Please send me pictures of you working as an NP in any environment, because I would like to make a collage. Text me the picture or email it at 919-448-8623, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any other ideas for our group just let me know. Thanks Darla
VCNP Nominations for State Leadership
VCNP Awards Committee Chair,Kristen Johnson, MSN, RN, AG-ACNP-BC
VCNP Nominations & Awards Committee is seeking nominations for the 2022-2024 term for the following state positions: President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Are you interested in becoming part of the VCNP state leadership, or know someone who is? Complete a Nomination Form and email to email@example.com by September 30.
If you have already submitted a nomination, you do not need to submit again.
The current Secretary and Treasurer have met their term limits and cannot serve a third term in their current position. However, they can be elected to serve in a different executive committee position, if nominated.
NOTE: THIS IS FOR THE STATE LEADERSHIP ONLY. Members will receive a request for the nominations for regional leadership from their regional Nominations & Awards representative, if their region is holding an election.
Planning a “Meet-your-NP” event, which has changed several times now due to rising Covid rates.
Talk to Samantha/Rachel about a “Yoga in the Park” session- meet your NP for October ( possibly 10/18/21). Mary Washington Park- bring water bottles, consider sticker labels with some NP info on the bottles, possibly small essential oil to give participants. Timmye will check with the “Scenter of Town” on the oils available. Linda will check with Rachel/Samantha on the yoga instruction.
Nominations to go out. We need a president elect after Rachel Farrar steps in as president.
Although we can’t be together in person, VCNP is committed to serving it’s members and providing member-exclusive benefits. We discussed CME options since we are unable to have a CME gathering locally. Also, the Legislative meeting this year will be postponed due to rising Covid numbers and restrictions on gatherings.
Piper suggested our local VCNP group send out the invitation she received from local endocrinology PA Scott Urquart for the 4th Annual Advanced Practice Collaborative virtual interactive conference to be held September 10-11, 2021.
A blast email invitation for the conference went out to the Mary Washington Healthcare PAs and NPs, as well as to all the VCNP members of the Fredericksburg Region including the code to cover the cost of the conference which was provided by Scott for all to use.
VCNP dues are due! Make sure your membership dues do not lapse!
Submitted 9/1/21 JPSF
May 2021 Meeting Minutes
May 20, 2021
Members in attendance: Sarah Gibson, Monica Heck, Vicky Sullivan, Maretta Yoder, Heather Codding, Haley Tusing, Susan Adamson, Andrea Knopp, Amy Graham. Virtual: Lynne Poole
Meeting Location: Vito’s Restaurant. Harrisonburg, Virginia
Presentation: Trauma Informed Care-What Providers Need to Know
Speaker: Monica Heck DNP, FNP-C
- Future meetings were discussed. Plan for September 16 and November 18, 2021. September meeting will likely be a drug rep sponsored dinner and the speaker in November is Rimma Wolfe- a pharmacist, topic TBD. Locations TBD.
- Susan Adamson updated us on the opening of the new Free Clinic. There have been 85 visits in the first 5 weeks!
- Further discussion on ways to boost attendance at our meetings, including: door prizes and NP student scholarships. These topics will be further discussed with hope of finalizing plans at the next meeting.
The meeting was then adjourned.
Maretta Yoder, Secretary