Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs)
Fluid and Electrolyte Management
Type 2 Diabetes Part 1
Type 2 Diabetes Part 2
Anticoagulation Part 1
Anticoagulation Part 2
Anticoagulation Part 3
September 2018 Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2018
Members in attendance: Chinor Fattahi, Maria Circosta, Susan Adamson, Barbara Call, Haley Tusing, Mary Atkins, Monica Heck, Andrea Knopp, Vicky Sullivan, Christine Yutzy, Lynne Eggert, Sue Klassen, Erin Morris, Maretta Yoder, Katelyn Marzolf, Victoria Krauss.
Meeting Location: Bella Luna Restaurant, Harrisonburg, VA
Meeting Topic: Jennifer Bryant, ACNP-BC, ACHPN presented a talk on “Palliative Care, Our Piece of the Puzzle.” 1.0 Contact hour of CME provided for participants.
- Minutes from the February 2018 meeting were approved.
- Paige French was unable to attend the meeting, but sent an email reminder regarding the Legislative Meeting which will be held September 26, 2018 at the Augusta Health Community Care Building in Fishersville, VA. Monica Heck NP graciously agreed to attend and will represent the Shenandoah Region.
- President, Erin Morris, reminded members of the upcoming November elections for the Shenandoah Region. All positions are open including President, President- elect, Treasurer, Secretary and Historian. An email will go out to members asking for nominations. Elections will be held during the business portion of the November 15, 2018 meeting in addition to an email ballot. Vicky Sullivan agreed to remain on the ballot for the Treasurer position.
- Discussion regarding how new graduates can hear about our local group. Members were reminded that Nurse Practitioners and students wanting to obtain membership should go through the VCNP website. We also have a Facebook page.
- It was brought to the group’s attention that our events are not consistently on the VCNP website. In addition, certain members have not been getting the email notifications. Erin Morris will look into the issue of events not being published. It was thought likely some members were not notified secondary to recent membership renewals, and perhaps not showing up as current members since their membership briefly lapsed.
- Next meeting was discussed:
-11/15/18: at Bella Luna. Speaker: Remma Zygerman, Pharmacist. Exact topic has not been finalized. Efforts will be made to obtain CME credit.
The meeting was then adjourned.
Maretta Yoder, Secretary